Internal auditing is an independent, objective, assurance and consulting activity specifically designed to add value to and improve an organization’s operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of the organization’s risk management, corporate governance, and internal control processes.
A typical internal audit engagement includes but not limited to:
- Develop, fulfill and maintain a company’s ongoing internal audit function
- Internal audit strategic sourcing (right resources, right place, right time)
- Boost a company’s existing internal audit staff
- IT Auditing (live test data vs dummy data)
- Offer advisory services to audit committees and senior management